|Olive oil/Oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Unpeeled eggplant||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Uncooked barley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Take a large skillet and heat oil in it over medium heat.
2) Add green onions, eggplant, zucchini and green pepper. Mix nicely.
3) Cook until the vegetables are lightly browned, stirring constantly.
4) Stir in tomatoes, water, salt, barley, basil and oregano. Bring the mixture to a boil.
5) Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for about 45-50 minutes or until barley turns tender and sauce gets thickened, stirring constantly.
6) Spoon out ratatouille in bowls and serve immediately.
Calories 145 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.7%
Saturated Fat 0.64 g3.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 497.7 mg20.7%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24.2%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A 15.1% Vitamin C 51%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet