|Olive oil/Oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Unpeeled eggplant||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Uncooked barley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Take a large skillet and heat oil in it over medium heat.
2) Add green onions, eggplant, zucchini and green pepper. Mix nicely.
3) Cook until the vegetables are lightly browned, stirring constantly.
4) Stir in tomatoes, water, salt, barley, basil and oregano. Bring the mixture to a boil.
5) Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for about 45-50 minutes or until barley turns tender and sauce gets thickened, stirring constantly.
6) Spoon out ratatouille in bowls and serve immediately.