Original Hollandaise Sauce
|White wine vinegar||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
|Bay leaf||1 (Or As Needed)|
|Whole black peppercorns||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Egg yolk||2 (Size 3)|
1. In a saucepan, put together wine vinegar, bay leaf and pepper; simmer gently over low heat until volume is reduced to half.
2. In a mixing bowl, strain the liquid and add egg yolk.
3. Over a pot or saucepan of boiling water; hold the bowl of sauce just above boiling water without touching water and whisk sauce vigorously until its light, fluffy and slightly thickened.
4. Whisk for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Pour sauce into a bottle or jug and serve immediately or use Hollandaise sauce as a base for preparing many varieties of sauces.