|Chicken||3 Pound, cut into eights|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce, broken up (1 Can)|
|Egg plant||1 , cut into 3 x 1 inch fingers|
|Zucchini||2 , cut into 3 x 1 inch fingers|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, halved|
|Onion powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Crushed oregano||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
2) On both sides of the chicken, sprinkle salt and pepper.
3) On a rack in a shallow roasting pan, place the chicken, keeping the skin-side up.
4) Bake the chicken in the preheated oven till it has browned (about 20 minutes).
5) Remove the rack and chicken and drain the fat.
6) Reduce the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees.
7) Combine together the tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, onion, bay leaf , oregano and garlic powder in the roasting pan.
8) On top of the vegetable mixture, place the chicken and spoon some of the sauce over it.
9) Cover and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
10) Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes, till the chicken is soft.
11) Transfer the hot chicken to a serving plate and serve while still piping hot.