Steak Au Poivre
|Shell steaks||4 , pounded to 1/8 inch thickness|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cognac||4 Ounce, warmed|
|Heavy cream||6 Ounce|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
1. Roll the steaks in ground pepper, so that its surface is covered with pepper on both sides.
2. Press pepper into steaks.
3. In a large skillet melt butter.
4. Add rosemary and sage.
5. In the skillet add steaks and brown it.
6. Pour warm cognac over steaks in the skillet, and ignite it.
7. Remove steaks from skillets once fire goes out. Keep the steaks warm.
8. In a pan add cream, Worcestershire, and mustard to pan juices.
9. Stir the mixture well and simmer for 3 minutes.
10. Pour the mixture over steak and serve it immediately.