Herbed French Onion Soup
|Spanish onions||8 Ounce (225 Grams)|
|Mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (Fresh / Dried)|
|Oregano||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (Fresh / Dried)|
|Water||1 Pint (575 Milliliter)|
1. Thinly slice onion.
2. In a non-stick pan, brush oil and gently fry onions until they begin to brown.
3. In a saucepan, put together water, herbs, fried onion and stock cubes; bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Let the soup cool down and then divide into 4 equal portions.
5. Store in individual containers and freeze until served.
6. Remove a portion from freezer and defrost.
7. In a small saucepan, heat and serve piping hot French Onion Soup with garlic bread.
Calories 36 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.6%
Saturated Fat 0.08 g0.42%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.2 mg0.4%
Sodium 445.2 mg18.5%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 1 g2.2%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 7.7%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet