Lamb Chops A La Grecque
|Shoulder lamb chops||6 Pound, boned|
|Canned whole tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , cut in square chunks|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
1. Score fat around edges of chops to prevent curling.
2. Under broiler brown both sides well and drain off all fat.
3. In the broiler pan, combine tomatoes, onion, green pepper, salt, sugar, oregano and garlic.
4. Place chops on top and bake in a preheated 350° oven 30 to 45 minutes, until chops are tender.
5. Add sliced zucchini during the last 10 minutes of baking if desired.
6. Serve the chops along with the cooked gravy.