Basic Hollandaise Sauce
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a blender jar put egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Blend at high speed for 3 seconds.
2. In a small pan melt butter to foaming.
3. Remove the center of the blender jar and add drops of hot butter and then in a thin stream.
4. Remove the milky residue from the bottom of pan.
5. Adjust seasoning as required.
6. Place the jar in lukewarm water.
7. Avoid reheating which might curdle the sauce.
8. Serve the sauce cold.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 959 Calories from Fat 910
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 103 g158.8%
Saturated Fat 62.1 g310.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 797.2 mg265.7%
Sodium 518.8 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.28 g1.1%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 8 g16.5%
Vitamin A 69.3% Vitamin C 23.2%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet