Microwave Original Ratatouille
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Small, cut lengthwise|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely diced|
|Green pepper||1 Large, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Zucchini||2 , cut into 1/4 inch slices|
|Mushrooms||10 Large, sliced|
|Eggplant||1 Medium, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Tomatoes||4 Large, quartered|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a microwave oven, place a glass casserole, and add olive oil. Cook on HIGH (9) for about 2 ½ minutes until the butter turns soft.
2. Add green pepper, onion, garlic and cook on HIGH (9) for about 6 minutes until onion turns soft, and stir the mixture two times during the cooking time.
3. Add mushrooms, and zucchini, cover and cook on HIGH (9) for 4 minutes.
4. Stir in eggplant, cover and cooking on the previous setting for about 6 minutes.
5. Add Parmesan cheese and tomatoes, and stir well.
6. Cover and cook on the same setting for 2 minutes until the tomatoes turn hot.
7. Serve the Ratatouille hot with fish or grilled chicken.