Old Fashioned French Vanilla Ice Cream
|Egg yolks||6 , slightly beaten|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Take a heavy saucepan and combine the egg yolks, sugar, salt and milk.
2) Cook them on medium heat to make the custard thick.
3) Strain the custard and put into a bowl.
4) Add the cream and vanilla into the custard mixture. Cover the mixture and chill it.
5) Keep the custard mixture into the container of an ice cream maker and freeze it.
6) For making the old-fashioned chocolate ice cream, add 9 ounces of bittersweet chocolate to the hot custard.
7) Mix them thoroughly to make smooth.
8) Serve the dish chilled.