|Raw oysters||16 Ounce|
|2% low fat milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Evaporated skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Liquid butter substitute||4 Ounce|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Tabasco sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Drain the oysters, keeping aside 1 cup of the liquid.
2) Cut the oysters into small pieces.
3) In a saucepan, add the oyster liquid and the cut oysters and scald.
4) Take off the stove.
5) In a Pyrex dish, add scald milks, onion, celery, parsley and bay leaf in the microwave for 2 minutes on high.
6) Add in liquid butter substitute.
7) Blend flour, salt and Tabasco sauce with a small amount of oyster liquid till smooth.
8) Gently stir into the larger quantity of oysters and liquid, discarding the bay leaf.
9) Heat to serving temperature.
10) Garnish with chopped green onion.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1083 Calories from Fat 203
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.1%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 313.4 mg104.5%
Sodium 2566.5 mg106.9%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.3%
Sugars 56.4 g
Protein 83 g166.9%
Vitamin A 207.3% Vitamin C 79.7%
Calcium 152.7% Iron 170.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet