|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sharp processed cheese||1⁄2 Pound, shredded|
|Eggs||6 Small, separated|
1) Preheat oven to 300°.
2) In a saucepan, pour milk to heat but not scald.
3) In another saucepan, melt butter.
4) Add flour, milk and seasonings to stir in.
5) Cook the mixture by stirring until smooth and thickened.
6) Add cheese to blend in.
7) In a bowl, beat egg yolks and blend by adding a little cheese sauce.
8) Gradually stir in this mixture into the remaining cheese sauce.
9) In another bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff but not dry.
10) Slowly blend in the cheese sauce to mix completely.
11) Use a ungreased 2 qt casserole to pour the mixture.
12) Place inside oven to bake for about 1 1/4 hr. Do not disturb during baking.
13) Serve immediately by seasoning with freshly ground black pepper, if desired.