Quiche Lorraine Using Piecrust Mix
|Piecrust mix||5 1⁄2 Ounce (1/2 package)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped for 1/2 cup|
|Swiss cheese||8 Ounce, shredded for 2 cups|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
1. Preheat the oven at (425°).
2. Prepare piecrust mix, as per label directions or make your own single-crust pastry.
3. On a lightly floured pastry board roll out to a 12-inch round and fit into a 9-inch pie plate or fluted quiche dish.
4. Trim overhang to 1/2 inch, turn under then flush with rim and flute to make a stand-up edge.
5. With a fork prick shell well all over such that for quiche dish, level pastry so as to be even with rim.
6. Bake in hot oven 5 minutes, remove to wirerack and cool slightly.
7. Increase oven temperature to 450°.
8. In a small skillet fry bacon until crisp, drain all but 1 tablespoon fat and crumble bacon.
9. Saute onion in bacon fat until soft.
10. in partly baked pastry shell sprinkle cheese evenly in a layer and add bacon and onion.
11. In a medium-size bowl beat eggs slightly, slowly beat in milk, salt, nutmeg and pepper.
12. then pour into pastry shell and bake in hot oven (450°) 15 minutes.
13. Lower oven temperature to moderate (350°) for 15 minutes until center is almost set but still soft.
14. Do not overbake as the custard will set as it cools.
15. Let it stand 15 for about minutes, cut into wedges and serve.