Chicken Liver Pate
|Chicken livers||1 Pound|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Celery stalks||3 , halved|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into pieces|
|Onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Dry mustard||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground red pepper||1 Dash|
|Currants||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a medium saucepan, combine chicken livers, water, celery, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and peppercorns; bring to a boil.
2. Lower heat, cover, and simmer 5 minutes or until livers are tender.
3. Drain off the water from livers; discard celery and peppercorns.
4. Put the livers in bowl of food processor or electric blender.
5. Put in butter, onion, garlic, brandy, mustard, nutmeg, cloves and red pepper. Process until smooth.
6. Stir in currants.
7. Transfer the pate mixture into an oiled 3-cup mold; cover and chill several hours or overnight.
8. On a platter, invert the pate and serve with assorted crackers.