Queen's Cheese Souffle
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Liquid red pepper seasoning||3 Drop|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce, softened (1 package)|
|Cream style cottage cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chives/Chives - 1 teaspoon, freeze-dried and chopped||1 Teaspoon, finely cut|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
1. Preheat the oven at (350°).
2. In a medium-size saucepan melt butter or margarine, stir in flour and salt and cook, stirring constantly, just until bubbly.
3. Stir in milk and liquid red pepper seasoning and continue cooking and stirring until sauce thickens and boils 1 minute.
4. Beat in cream and cottage cheeses, then stir in parsley and chives.
5. Remove from heat and let it cool.
6. In a large bowl beat egg whites just until they form soft peaks.
7. In a second large bowl beat egg yolks until creamy-thick and blend in cooled cheese sauce.
8. Fold in beaten egg whites until no streaks of white remain and pour into an ungreased 8-cup souffle or straight-side baking dish.
9. Gently cut a deep circle in mixture about 1 inch in from edge with a rubber spatula such that the souffle gets double-puffed top.
10. Bake in the preheated moderate oven 45 minutes until puffy-firm and golden on top.
11. Serve the souffle hot at once.