Eat Smart Broccoli Parmesan Souffle
|Parmesan cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Broccoli florets||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Eat smart)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Scallions||1 Cup (16 tbs), minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Butter 8-cup souffle dish or 8 souffle cups and sprinkle 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese over it.
3. Cook broccoli by steaming for about 3 minutes until it turns soft. Drain it and run under cold water. Puree the broccoli in food processor.
4. Take a saucepan and boil the milk.
5. Take a skillet and melt the butter in it. Add garlic and scallions, and saute for about a minute. Add flour and parsley and stir well and cook until bubbling. Stir in milk and cook additionally for 2 minutes by stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add egg yolks and stir them well. Stir in broccoli puree, salt and remaining cheese. Stir the mixture well.
6. Beat the egg whites until they turn foamy. Stir in cream of tartar and beat them stiff. Fold about 1/3 beaten egg whites to broccoli mix and combine until incorporated. Add remaining egg whites and stir well.
7. Ladle the batter into prepared dish or cups. Arrange it in oven and reduce the heat to 375°F and cook for 45-50 minutes until the souffle rises and top turns golden brown.
8. Serve the Eat Smart Broccoli Parmesan Souffle warm.