|Eggplant||1 Pound, cut into strips (1 Medium Sized)|
|Zucchini||2 Medium, sliced|
|All-purpose flour||6 Tablespoon|
|Italian olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Sweet green peppers||2 , cut into strips|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped (Large Cloves)|
|Tomatoes||4 , cut into wedges|
|Frozen artichoke hearts||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Capers||2 Tablespoon, drained|
|Fresh basil||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven at 350 degrees for 3 minutes.
2) Take a big bowl and mix the eggplant, zucchini and salt. Allow them to stand for 30 minutes.
3) Dry the vegetables on the paper towel.
4) Sprinkle the flour on a piece of wax paper.
5) Take a skillet and put oil into it.
6) Heat the oil and add half of the eggplant-zucchini mixture. Saute them to make golden in color.
7) Put the mixture to a separate bowl and repeat the same with the remaining mixture.
8) Take a skillet and heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
9) Saute onion and green peppers along with garlic. Add tomatoes and artichokes.
10) Take the baking dish and layer the zucchini mixture, tomato mixture, parmesan cheese, capers, parsley and basil.
11) Bake the dish for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
12) Serve the dish either chilled or at normal room temperature.
6. Bake in the preheated moderate oven (350°) for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled.