Decadent fluffy cloudy texture , there are many techniques to improve to make a soufflé to perfection. Learn all of them with this tutorial that will tech you step by step how to make your soufflé rise all the way to the sky!
3 Tablespoon (1 tablespoon for coating the ramekins)
3 , cold
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Coat the ramekins with butter and coat with the parmesan cheese. Refrigerate until they are ready to be used.
3. In a pan, add the butter over medium heat and wait for the butter to melt.
4. Once melted, add the flour and stir constantly. Wait for 3 minute until the flour is cooked.
5. Then, add 1/2 glass of warm milk while whisking continuously. Whisk until thick.
6. Turn off the heat and add the Gruyere cheese and whisk until the cheese melts completely.
7. Add in the egg yolks one at a time and combine with a spoon.
8. Season with salt, nutmeg and cayenne pepper.
9. In a cold stainless steel bowl, whip the egg whites until hard peaks are formed.
10. Add the egg whites in 3 batches into the cheese mix and fold until all the mixture is incorporated.
11. Add the mix into the chilled prepared ramekins and fill 3/4 of the ramekins.
12. Add the ramekins into the oven and turn down the temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
13. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.