Chilled Orange Souffles
|Canned apricot||1 Pound, halved (1 Can)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Teaspoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Orange||1 , sliced in 1/2 inch slices (Unpeeled)|
|Whipped topping/Dessert topping||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Take about 8 small soufflÃ© dishes and wrap about 2 inches wide heavily waxed paper around their edges.
2. Drain apricots and save 1 cup of its syrup for further use.
3. In a container of food processor, add salt, ½ cup sugar, 1 cup of reserved apricot syrup, gelatin and egg yolks, and blend them by running STIR blade for about 5 seconds.
4. Add to the saucepan, and simmer it until mixture starts coating the metal spoon. Stir the mixture constantly during the cooking time.
5. In a container of food processor, add orange slices and apricots, and chop them coarsely by running the BLEND blade for about 20 seconds.
6. Blend the apricot -orange mixture with custard mixture and chill them until the mixture thickens.
7. In a bowl add egg whites and beat them using hand beater, until the soft peaks are formed. Stir in ¼ cup of sugar in a slow but gradual manner.
8. Continue beating the egg whites until they turn glossy and stiff.
9. Add gelatin mixture and dessert topping with egg whites.
10. Chill the mixture until it turns firm.
11. Spoon the mixture into collard soufflÃ© dishes.
12. Chill the soufflÃ© dish until it turns firm.
13. Serve after removing the wax paper.
14. Serve after garnishing with mint sprigs or small sections of orange pieces.