Quiche Lorraine Flavored With Nutmeg
|Bacon||4 Ounce, diced|
|Gruyere cheese||1 1⁄2 Ounce, grated (40 Grams)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Pint (450 Milliliter)|
|Nutmeg||1 Pinch, grated|
1. Prepare and bake pastry shell.
2. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5 oven and heat a baking sheet in it.
3. In a pan, add oil and saute bacon until brown. Drain on paper to remove extra oil.
4. In the prepared shell, add bacon and garnish with grated cheese.
5. In a bowl, whisk eggs lightly and tehn mix in milk.
6. Further, add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste. Use liitle salt as bacon is already salty.
7. Pour custard in the shell.
8. In the oven, bake it on heated baking sheet until browned and set. This will take about 25-30 minutes.
9. Take out the quiche from oven and cool slightly before unmoulding.
10. The filling will shrink a bit upon cooling.
11. It may either be served hot or at room temperature.