Pate De Foies De Volailles Normande
|Chicken livers||1 Pound (500 Grams)|
|Bacon rasher||1 Pound (500 Grams)|
|Tart apple||1 , peeled, cored and chopped|
|Red wine||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
|Clarified butter||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
1. Cut liver and bacon roughly.
2. In a saute pan, add chopped apple, onion, wine and parsley.
3. Cover the lid and cook for about 30 minutes on low flame.
4. Allow it to cool.
5. In a food processor, puree this mixture until it becomes smooth and creamy.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. In a crock, spoon the pate and smooth the top.
8. Chill for about 1-2 hours or until set.
9. Pour some clarified butter over the pate in order to seal it from the air, else it will discolour.
10. Keep the pate for at least 24 hours to mellow the flavors thoroughly.
11. Serve chilled at once.
Calories 492 Calories from Fat 263
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45.3%
Saturated Fat 12.6 g63%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 410.3 mg136.8%
Sodium 83.4 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 39 g78.7%
Vitamin A 252.2% Vitamin C 127.2%
Calcium 4% Iron 57.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet