Crown Roast Of Pork With Orange Cognac Glaze
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red currant jelly/Grape jelly||12 Ounce|
|Onion soup mix/Onion-mushroom soup mix||1 Ounce (1 Envelope, Lipton)|
|Cognac/Brandy||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Crown roast of pork||9 Pound (About 22 Ribs)|
1. Preheat oven to 200°.
2. In a large saucepan, pour in the orange juice, jelly, onion soup mix, Cognac and ginger and mix well. Heat on gentle heat while stirring occasionally for 5 minutes till the jelly is melted and the mix is smooth.
3. In a roasting pan, place the crown roast and brush the meat over with the prepared glaze. Pour the rest of the glaze over the meat and loosely over the meat with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake for 2 hours while basting occasionally.
4. Increase heat to 350° and continue roasting, basting occasionally, an additional 1 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer reaches 175°
5. Remove the foil paper to check browning and baste occasionally while cooking for 20 minutes or until thermometer reaches 180°.
6. Remove the roast to a serving platter and let it rest for 10 minutes more.
7. Pour off the pan drippings and thicken with a little cream if required
8. Serve the pan juices with the roast and spoon the Warm Dried Fruit Compote into center cavity and around roast.
Calories 1061 Calories from Fat 244
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.7%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.11%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2808.1 mg117%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.45 g1.8%
Sugars 29 g
Protein 127 g253.4%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 34.8%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 1.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet