Chicken Marengo With Spaghetti Sauce Mix
|Fryer chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut-up into serving pieces (1 In Number)|
|Seasoned salt||1 Teaspoon (Lawry's)|
|Spaghetti sauce mix with mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package Lawry's)|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sauterne||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||3 , peeled and quartered|
|Mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
1. In a large shallow dish, combine the spaghetti sauce mix and the crumbs.
2. Season the chicken pieces with the seasoned salt.
3. Coat the chicken well with the spaghetti sauce crumbs.
4. In a large skillet, heat the oil.
5. Brown the chicken pieces in the hot oil, evenly on all sides.
6. Pour in the wine and stir in the tomatoes and mushrooms.
7. Add the remaining seasoned crumbs to the sauce.
8. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and cover the pan.
9. Simmer the chicken for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is tender and the sauce has reduced to a thick glaze.
10. Serve the Chicken Marengo accompanied by a nice green leafy vegetable or a salad dressed with lemon and oil vinaigrette and a pasta with a cheesy sauce.