Chicken Cordon Bleu With Condensed Cream Of Chicken Soup
|Chicken breasts||2 1⁄2 Pound, split, skinned, and boned (3 Breasts)|
|Swiss cheese slice||4 Ounce, cut in half (3 Slices)|
|Boiled ham slices||4 Ounce, cut in half (3 Slices)|
|Condensed cream of chicken soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can, Campbell's)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Between two sheets of plastic wrap, place chicken breasts slice and pound lightly with a meat hammer, flat pan or a rolling pin to flatten it to 1/4-inch thickness. Take care not to tear the piece of meat. Do the same for all the fillets.
2. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. On each chicken breast piece, arrange a slice of ham and then a slice on cheese.
4. Roll and secure with toothpicks.
5. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
6. Fry the chicken cutlets in the butter, about 3 minutes on each side.
7. Blend soup and milk and pour over the chicken.
8. Reduce heat to low and cover the pan.
9. Simmer the chicken for about 20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
10. Remove the toothpicks.
11. Serve the Chicken Cordon Bleu with the sauce spooned on top or spoon sauce on serving plate make a puddle and then arrange chicken on top.
12. Accompany with a side of parsley potatoes or a tossed salad.
Calories 364 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.4%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 143 mg47.7%
Sodium 583.9 mg24.3%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.2 g0.81%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 53 g105.2%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 3.8%
Calcium 22.6% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet