Peach Melba Crepe Cups
|For delicious diet crepes :|
|Skim milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For ruby raspberry sauce:|
|Unsweetened frozen raspberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), thawed and drained with juice reserved|
|For delicious diet cream:|
|Evaporated skim milk||20 Ounce, chilled (1 Can)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a large bowl, beat together eggs and honey then beat in skim milk and water.
2. Sift together whole wheat pastry flour, unbleached white flour, and baking powder. Stir it into egg mixture to make a smooth batter.
3. Flavor with vanilla.
4. Cover and let batter stand in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
5. To make the diet crepes, spray an 8-inch skillet with vegetable spray.
6. Heat pan over medium heat until a drop of water dropped in the middle of the skillet dances and bounces about.
7. Pour 1/8 cup of batter into pan, swirling it gently to distribute batter evenly.
8. When bubbles form on surface, about 45 seconds, carefully turn crepe over with hand and cook another 15 seconds.
9. Repeat process to make about 8 crepes. You can store left over batter in the refrigerator. Store crepes between sheets of waxed paper.
10. To make the raspberry sauce, in a small saucepan combine the reserved raspberry juice and cornstarch. Add enough water to make 1/2 cup.
11. Stir in raspberries and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until thickened.
12. Strain the sauce and cool.
13. Preheat the oven to 250°F
14. Use the crepes to line 8 custard cups.
15. Place cups on middle shelf of oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes until warmed.
16. In the meantime, peel, stone and dice the peaches.
17. Make the diet cream, in a large, chilled bowl by beating evaporated skim milk until foamy then add honey and vanilla and beat to the consistency of whipped cream.
18. Spoon 2 tablespoons of raspberry sauce into warmed crepe cup.
19. Divide the peach chunks equally and spoon some more raspberry sauce over them.
20. Spoon prepared diet cream into the crepe cups and serve immediately.
Calories 182 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.6%
Saturated Fat 0.25 g1.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.8 mg13.9%
Sodium 144 mg6%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 21.3 g
Protein 9 g17.5%
Vitamin A 11.2% Vitamin C 14.1%
Calcium 26% Iron 52.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet