Souffle Aux Champignons
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, finely chopped (250 Gram)|
|Shallots||2 , finely chopped|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Single cream||12 Fluid Ounce (350 Milliliter)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven at 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
2. In a saute pan, melt butter to saute onion until soft. Cook over low flame for about 5-7 minutes. Do not brown.
3. Add to the pan, mushrooms, shallots, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
4 Cook over medium flame until moisture evaporates. This takes about 4-5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
5. Further, add flour and cream and boil the mixture, stirring constantly.
6. Simmer for about 2 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and whisk in egg yolks, one at a time.
8. Heat gently to thicken the mixture.
9. Again, remove the pan from heat and add parsley.
10. To avoid skin foaming, rub the surface of mixture with butter.
11. Grease a souffle dish with a thick layer of butter.
12. Whisk the egg whites stiffly.
13. Reheat mushroom mixture on low flame, stirring constantly until it is hot to touch.
14. Add just about a quarter of the egg whites to mixture and stir until mixed thoroughly.
15. Add this mixture to the remaining egg whites and fold together very lightly.
16. In the souffle dish, pour souffle mixture and smooth its top surface with a metal spatula.
17. Make a groove around the dge by running your thumb. This will make the centre will rise in a high cap.
18. In the oven, bake souffle until puffed and brown. This will take about 15-20 minutes.
19. Serve at once.
Calories 344 Calories from Fat 232
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.5%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 212.6 mg70.9%
Sodium 121.7 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.8%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 12 g24.6%
Vitamin A 27.7% Vitamin C 16.9%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet