French Bean And Potato Soup
|Dried great northern beans/Dried navy beans||1⁄2 Pound|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lean salt pork/Smoked ham||12 Ounce, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Potatoes||3 , cubed|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Frozen green beans||10 Ounce, Defrosted (1 Package)|
|Tomatoes||3 , peeled and cubed|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a slow cooker, soak beans in water overnight.
2) Do not drain the water.
3) Stir in wine, pork, potatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper.
4) Put the lid on and cook over high heat for about 3 hours until the vegetables are tender.
5) Stir in the green beans and tomatoes and allow to cook for 10 minutes more.
6) Serve hot sprinkled with chopped parsley.