Steak Au Poivre
|Groundnut oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Maris piper||16 Ounce (2 Potatoes, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Black peppercorns||1 Tablespoon|
|Fillet steaks||8 Ounce (2 Steaks, 4 Ounce Each)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (Plus A Knob)|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (A Knob)|
|Sunflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Frozen petit pois||4 Ounce|
|Double cream||4 Fluid Ounce|
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut into thick chips and dry in a tea-towel.
3. In a pan for deep frying , heat oil to about 190 degrees centigrade, add chips to the oil and fry for 6-7 minutes until just starting to colour. Remove and drain on kitchen paper. Set aside.
4. In heavy-based frying pan, add coarsely crushed peppercorns, sprinkle over both sides of the steaks and press hard to cover.
5. Add butter, sunflower oil to the pan and fry the steaks for 2 minutes on each side, then reduce the heat and continue to cook to taste. Season with salt.
6. In a small saucepan of boiling salted water, put petit pois and cook for about 5 minutes until just tender. Drain and toss in a knob of butter and the sugar.
7. Reheat of the oil in deep frying pan and return the chips to the pan for 2-3 minutes until crisp and golden. Drain well on kitchen paper and season with salt.
8. Onto warm serving plates, place the steaks.
9. Add the brandy to the pan and set alight. Stir in the cream and heat gently. Pour the sauce over the steaks.
10. Serve at once with the chips and petit pois.
Calories 1300 Calories from Fat 912
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g157.4%
Saturated Fat 22.7 g113.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.7 mg36.9%
Sodium 252.3 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.4%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 31 g62.9%
Vitamin A 8.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 3% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet