Holiday Baked Alaska
|Sponge cake/Layer cake||1 (1 inch layer)|
|Ice cream/2 pint bricks ice cream||1 Quart (1 Brick)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (extra to sprinkle)|
1) Preheat the oven to 500°F.
2) Trim the cake 1-inch larger on all sides than the ice cream brick.
3) Place the cake on a wooden cutting board and keep the ice cream frozen.
4) In a bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks are formed.
5) Gradually beat in 2/3 cup sugar, until stiff peaks form.
6) Place the ice cream brick on the cake layer, spread meringue over the ice cream and cake, sealing the edges of cake.
7) Swirl in peaks and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for about 3 minutes, until the meringue is golden.
9) Slice the Baked Alaska and serve immediately on dessert plates.
Calories 402 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.5%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g52.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84.7 mg28.2%
Sodium 141.4 mg5.9%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.09 g0.38%
Sugars 47.8 g
Protein 7 g14.3%
Vitamin A 12.5% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet