Lyonnaise style Browned Potatoes
|Potato||2 Pound, unpeeled and scrubbed|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (also some more for taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Butter||5 Tablespoon, divided|
|Onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), caramelize|
|Fresh thyme||1 Teaspoon, chopped (Food You Feel Good About)|
1. Take a large stockpot and add potatoes and enough cold water to cover plus 2 inches.
2. Add 1 tbsp salt and bring to simmer on MEDIUM-HIGH, uncovered not allowing water to boil.
3. Reduce heat to LOW and cook about 1 hour, 15 min, until very soft.
4. Transfer potatoes to large colander, drain thoroughly.
5. Let it cool at room temp about 1 hour, until cool enough to handle comfortably.
6. Peel potatoes and slice them into 1/4-inch rounds.
7. In large skillet on MEDIUM-HIGH melt 1 Tbsp butter and place half of potatoes in single layer.
8. Brown each side of potatoes about 3-5 min adding more butter as needed.
9. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
10. Transfer first batch of potatoes to a clean platter and keep warm.
11. Repeat step 3 with remaining potatoes, leaving them in skillet. Reduce heat to MEDIUM.
12. Add caramelized onions and remaining butter to potatoes in skillet.
13. Cook, mixing gently until onions are heated through and butter is melted.
14. Sprinkle with thyme.
15. Add reserved potatoes to pan and gently toss to combine.
16. Serve warm.
Calories 215 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.9%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.9 mg9%
Sodium 983.9 mg41%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 3 g6.9%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 54.3%
Calcium 3% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet