French Lemon Pie
|Pastry||1 (Crisco, For 1 Crust Pie)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
2. Line a 9-inch pie plate with pastry and flute edge.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together flour and sugar.
4. In a large mixer bowl, using an electric mixer, beat eggs well.
5. Add lemon peel, lemon juice, corn syrup and melted butter.
6. Stir in the flour-sugar mixture.
7. Into the prepared pastry shell, pour the batter and bake for 50 minutes.
8. Let the pie cool down and then refrigerate until chill.
9. Slice and serve each piece with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.