Saute De Poulet Aux Moules
|Chicken||3 Pound, cut into 8 pieces (1.5 Kilogram)|
|Rock salt||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter, Or More If Necessary)|
|Cooked shelled mussels||2 1⁄2 Pound (1.25 Kilogram)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound (125 Gram)|
|Creme fraiche/Double cream||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 Gram)|
1. In a bowl, rub chicken pieces with rock salt. Cover and refrigerate for upto 18 hours.
2. Wipe off the salt from chicken. Pat them dry with paper towels.
3. Season flour with salt and pepper to coat chiccken chunks. Remove excess powder.
4. In a pan, heat oil and butter until foaming.
5. Brown chicken pieces, turning them time and again. Cook over medium flame for about 15 minutes.
6. Add more stock, if the chiken dries.
7. Breast pieces are usually browned befor the leg pieces. Remove them and set them aside.
8. Puree the musrooms with cream in a blender to make the sauce.
9. Seson with lemon juice, salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
10. Remove chicken from the pan and keep warm.
11. add cream mixture and garlic to thye pan and boil. Keep stirring until juices get dissolved.
12. Strain the sauce and remove fat.
13. Add chicken to sauce and top with mussels.
14. Heat for 5 minutes so as to blend the flavors.
15. Add seasoning to taste.
16. Add butter cubes and mix them well into the sauce.
17. Transfer the chicken pieces into the serving plates. Add mussels and sauce over it.
18. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.