Saute De Poulet Portugaise
|Chicken||3 Pound, cut into 8 pieces (1.5 Kilogram)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|White wine||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
|Chicken stock||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter Or More If Needed)|
|Shallots||2 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Tomatoes/4 ounces, chopped tomatoes||3 Large, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Tomato puree||2 Teaspoon|
|Fried croutons||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1. Use salt and pepper to saute the pieces of chicken.
2. In a saute pan, heat oil and butter until foaming.
3. Saute chicken pieces over medium flame until browned or for about 15 minutes. Keep turning them from time and again.
4. Further, tranfer chicken to a plate and add onions to the pan.
5. Saute the onions over low flame until they turn golden.
6. Add white wine, stock, shallots, garlic, tomatoes, tomato puree, bouquet garni and salt and pepper.
7. Place the chicken in the pan again and bring the sauce to a boil.
8. If the sauce becomes dry, you must add extra stock while cooking.
9. The breast pieces might be cooked before the leg pieces. Remove and keep them aside.
10. prepare croutes.
11. Add seasoning, if needed.
12. Arrange the chicken pieces on a serving plate and pour sauce over them.
13. Garnish with croutes and serve right away.