French Onion Pie
|Crisco pastry for 1 crust pie||1|
|Canned french fried onions||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Eggs||4 , slightly beaten|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shredded sharp process american cheese||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cups)|
1. Preheat the oven to 425°
2. Line a 9-inch pie plate with a thick layer of the pastry. Trim the crust, prick the bottom and flute the edges.
3. Bake the shell for 8 minutes till golden brown. Remove from oven and turn down the oven temperature to 325°
4. As the pastry is still warm, pour in the 1 1/2 cups of the French fried onions. Keep a little of the onions aside for later.
5. In a large bowl, mix the eggs, milk, 1/2 cup of the cheese, the salt, and cayenne and beat very well till combined and fluffy.
6. Pour this mixture into the pastry shell and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 45 minutes.
7. Sprinkle the rest of the onions around the edge and bake again for 10 minutes till the center of the dish is cooked through. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
8. Serve warm or at room temperature