Barbecue Beans With Burgundy Wine
Water- 6 cups
Smoked Ham Hocks- 1 pound
Salt- 2 teaspoons
Sugar- 2 tablespoons
Chili Powder- 2 teaspoons
Worcestershire Sauce- 2 teaspoons
Dry Burgundy- 1 cup
Tomato Sauce- 1 8-ounce can
Onion- 1no., chopped
1) In a slow cooker, soak beans in water overnight.
2) Do not drain the water.
3) Put the lid on and cook over high heat for 2 to 3 hours.
4) Strain the beans, reserving the liquid.
5) Return the beans to the slow cooker, along with ham hocks, salt, sugar, chilli powder, Worcestershire sauce, burgundy, tomato sauce and onion.
6) Pour in enough of reserved liquid to slightly cover the beans.
7) Put the lid on and simmer for 10 to 12 hours.
8) Take the ham out from the beans mixture.
9) Chop the ham and put it back in the beans mixture.
10) Heat for 10 minutes or until heated through.
11) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley if desired.