Souffle Baked Potatoes
Eggs - 2
Butter - 2 oz [50 g]
Salt - to taste
Pepper - to taste
1) Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C), Gas Mark 7.
2) Separate the egg yolks and egg white. Place them in separate bowls.
3) With a fork, prick the potatoes and brush melted butter over the surface.
4) Place inside the preheated oven to bake, until soft.
5) Cut the potatoes in halves along the length.
6) With a spoon, scoop out the pulp.
7) In a bowl, combine the yolks, butter, and seasoning with the potato pulp. Beat thoroughly.
8) Whisk the egg white to stiff peak and fold into the mixture.
9) Fill the potato shells with the mixture.
10) Arrange the potato shells in a greased baking dish.
11) Place the baking dish inside oven to reheat for 10 minutes.
12) Serve warm by garnishing with grated cheese on top, if desired.