Paupiettes De Boeuf
Onion - 1 tablespoon, chopped
Crisco - 1 tablespoon
Butter - 1 tablespoon or margarine - 1 tablespoon
Soft bread crumbs - 2 1/2 cups
Parsley flakes - 1/2 teaspoon
Dried thyme - 1/4 teaspoon
Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
Pepper - 1/8 teaspoon
Beef round steak - 2 1/4 pounds, 1/4-inch thick
Crisco - 1/4 cup
Condensed golden mushroom soup - 1 can (11 ounces)
Red wine - 2 tablespoons or water - 2 tablespoons
1. Cut meat into 6 equal pieces; keep aside.
2. In a non-stick frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of Crisco and butter; sautÃ© mushrooms and onion until brown.
3. In a small bowl, mix crumbs with parsley, thyme, salt and pepper.
4. Add the mushroom mixture to the crumb mixture and mix well.
5. Divide the stuffing mixture into 6 equal portions and place over the meat.
6. Roll the meat to wrap the stuffing and secure with a wooden toothpick.
7. Into the
8. Into the same pan, with remaining hot Crisco, fry rolls until browned on all sides.
9. Add wine to the soup; stir to mix.
10. In a 1 ½ quart casserole, place the browned rolls and pour the soup over it.
11. Cover and refrigerate until chilled and ready for use.
12. Remove casserole from oven just before baking.
13. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit before baking.
14. Cover casserole and bake in preheated oven for 1 ¼ hours.
15. Spoon sauce over meat rolls and bake for another 15 minutes.
16. Serve hot Paupiettes De Boeuf with rice or spaghetti.