Crepes A La Reine
Milk - 1 cup
Flour - 2/3 cup
FOR THE FILLING AND SAUCE:
Mushrooms - 1 1/2 cups (about 1/4 pound), chopped
Celery - 1 cup, chopped
Onion - 1/4 cup, chopped
Thyme - 1/8 teaspoon, crushed
Butter or margarine - 1/4 cup
Condensed cream of chicken soup - 1 can (10 3/4 ounces)
Salad oil - 1 tablespoon
Salt - 3/4 teaspoon
Cooked chicken - 1 1/2 cups, chopped
Light cream - 1/4 cup
Sauterne or other dry white wine - 2 tablespoons
Pepper to taste
1) Take a bowl and a rotary beater. Add all the crepe ingredients and beat until smooth.
2) Take a lightly oiled skillet (6-inch diameter) and heat it. Pour 2 tablespoons of batter, gently tilting the pan to quickly spread the batter evenly and thinly.
3) Cook on one side until it turns brown and then flip and cook the other side.
4) For the filling: Take a skillet and melt butter in it. Add mushrooms and cook until brown. Add celery, onion and thyme to the mushrooms and cook until tender.
5) Gently add 1/4 cup soup, pepper, chicken and salt. Keep stirring until mixture turns dry.
6) For the sauce: Take a saucepan and combine cream, wine and remaining soup in it. Cook for some time, stirring occasionally.
7) Fill crepes with the prepared filling and roll gently. Top with sauce and serve.