Chicken in White Burgundy
|Whole chicken||1 , reserve inner bag|
|Bacon strip||4 , cut crosswise into small strips|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mashed|
|Onion||1 Medium, cut into 8 pieces|
|Carrots||2 , cut into chunks|
|Dried tarragon||1 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|White burgundy||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1) Wash chicken and pat dry on paper towels.
2) Remove livers from inner bags and discard the rest.
3) In a pot or Dutch oven, add bacon and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, then raise the heat.
4) Add garlic and then chicken and brown quickly on all sides.
5) Reduce heat and discard the garlic.
6) Stir in onions, carrots, tarragon, and peppercorns.
7) Dice livers into small bits and add in.
8) Mix well and allow to cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
9) Add in the wine, place lid and lower heat and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes.
10) Slice and top with sauce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3680 Calories from Fat 2153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 239 g367.4%
Saturated Fat 69.7 g348.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1136.7 mg378.9%
Sodium 1669.2 mg69.6%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.3%
Sugars 14.6 g
Protein 290 g579.2%
Vitamin A 454.2% Vitamin C 88.5%
Calcium 35% Iron 97.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet