Chicken In White Burgundy
|Whole chicken||1 , reserve inner bag|
|Bacon strip||4 , cut crosswise into small strips|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mashed|
|Onion||1 Medium, cut into 8 pieces|
|Carrots||2 , cut into chunks|
|Dried tarragon||1 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|White burgundy||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1) Wash chicken and pat dry on paper towels.
2) Remove livers from inner bags and discard the rest.
3) In a pot or Dutch oven, add bacon and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, then raise the heat.
4) Add garlic and then chicken and brown quickly on all sides.
5) Reduce heat and discard the garlic.
6) Stir in onions, carrots, tarragon, and peppercorns.
7) Dice livers into small bits and add in.
8) Mix well and allow to cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
9) Add in the wine, place lid and lower heat and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes.
10) Slice and top with sauce.