Galantine Of Veal
|Stewing veal||1 Pound|
|Lean ham||1⁄2 Pound|
|Salt||3 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Meat glaze||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked carrot||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
1. Pat dry the veal and trim it. Pass it through the mincer twice.
2. Clean and trim rind from the ham.
3. Chop rind with the veal.
4. In a bowl take the prepared meat and add breadcrumbs and seasonings to it.
5. With a beater beat egg and add it to 1/4 pt stock.
6. Pour the mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together till soft.
7. Dust a flat board with flour and with hands roll into a neat shape.
8. Weigh the galantine.
9. Keep a clean cloth and keep the galantine on it. Tie the ends securely.
10. Place it on a pan and cover with boiling water or stock.
11. Simmer gently for 30 minutes to each lb. Allow at least one hour to cook to prevent galantine from cracking on the surface.
12. Drain out the galantine, untie and transfer it to a clean cloth.
13. Tightly tie both ends and press between two plates under weights. Keep aside to cool.
14. Remove the cloth and if the surface is greasy wring a clean cloth in very hot water and keep it over galantine for a few minutes.
15. Glaze the roll with a little hot glaze.
16. Decorate with hard-boiled egg and/or cooked carrot and parsley.
17. Serve cold with a complimentary salad.