|Flour||6 Ounce (Basic Short Crust Pastry Dough)|
|Onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Bacon (streaky) rashers||4 Ounce, rinds removed and chopped|
|Single cream||1⁄2 Pint|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Dust flour over the working table and roll out the dough.
3) With the rolled dough line a 8 inch flan ring set on a baking sheet.
4) In a pan, melt the butter and saute the onion and bacon until lightly coloured.
5) Place the onion mixture in the bottom of the pastry case.
6) In a pan, heat together milk and cream to just below boiling point.
7) Take the pan away from the heat and stir in the eggs, nutmeg and season to taste.
8) Spoon the egg mixture over the onion and bacon.
9) Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
10) Reduce the heat to 325°F and bake for 35 minutes more or until the filling is set.
11) Allow to cool over a wire rack, to remove the flan ring.
12) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Freeze the quiche.
13) Wrap the quiche in the foil and pack in freezer bag.
14) Seal, label and return to freezer.
15) Serve hot with small mixed salad.
16) If using the frozen quiche, take off the wrapping.
17) Place quiche over a baking pan and allow thawing at room temperature for 4 hours.
18) Reheat in a preheated moderately hot oven for 25 minutes or until well heated.
19) Serve as mentioned in step 15.