Smoked Trout Pâté
|Smoked trout||2 Large, skinned and boned|
|Butter||1⁄2 Pound, softened (225 gram)|
|Double cream||60 Milliliter (4 tablespoons)|
|Lemon juice||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Watercress||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1. In a mixing bowl, mash the trout and butter together with a fork.
2. Gradually beat in the cream, lemon juice and pepper to taste and add it to the fish; mix well.
3. To freeze: chill in the refrigerator until firm and spoon into a rigid container.
4. Seal the container and freeze for later use.
5. Label the bag as it makes it easier to distinguish.
6. To thaw and serve: thaw in the container at room temperature for 4 hours.
7. Arrange the P-té on a serving dish and garnish with watercress.
P-té can be served either hot or cold, but it is considered to develop its fullest flavor after a few days of chilling.