Smoked Mackerel Pâté
|Smoked mackerel||2 Large, skinned and boned|
|Butter||10 Ounce, softened (275 gram)|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce (100 gram)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Parsley sprigs||4 (for garnish)|
1. Line a 1 lb. loaf tin with foil.
2. In a blender or food processor, puree the fish or mash well with a fork.
3. Gradually combine the remaining ingredients gradually and mix until smooth and well blended.
4. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and smooth the top.
5. To freeze the P-té: Put some heavy object on top of the P-té, and then chill in the refrigerator until firm.
6. Once firm, turn out the P-té very carefully and wrap in foil and then cover with a freezer bag; seal the bag and freeze for later use.
7. Label the bag as it makes it easier to distinguish.
8. To thaw: Remove from the wrap and place on a serving platter. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
9. Arrange the P-té on a serving platter and serve cut into thick slices.
10. Garnish with parsley sprigs just before serving.
P-té can be served either hot or cold, but it is considered to develop its fullest flavor after a few days of chilling.
Calories 754 Calories from Fat 704
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 80 g122.8%
Saturated Fat 47.2 g236%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 183.6 mg61.2%
Sodium 99.8 mg4.2%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.45 g1.8%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 11 g21.4%
Vitamin A 44.6% Vitamin C 12%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 1.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet