|Butter||2 Ounce, softened|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce|
|Self raising flour||3 Ounce|
|Demerara sugar||2 Ounce|
|Desiccated coconut||2 Ounce|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Grease a square cake tin of 7-inches. Line the bottom with non-stick parchment or greased greaseproof paper.
3) In a bowl, put the sugar and butter. Beat well till the mixture is light and fluffy.
4) Mix the egg, milk and egg yolk together. Beat half of the mixture into the creamed mixture.
5) Beat in the remaining half of the mixture with the flour.
6) Into the prepared tin, spoon the batter and smooth the top.
7) To prepare the topping, beat the egg white till it is stiff. Fold in the sugar and coconut.
8) Spread the topping all over the cake mixture in the tin.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
10) Turn the cake out onto a wire rack. Take off the paper lining.
11) Let the cake cool completely. Cut it into 12 squares.
12) If you wish to freeze the cake slices, pack them in a rigid container. Separate each layer with foil. Seal, label and freeze.
13) To serve the cake without freezing, place the slices on a decorative cake plate and serve at room temperature or slightly chilled. If using frozen cake slices, first thaw them at room temperature for about 2 hours and then serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1666 Calories from Fat 803
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g142.9%
Saturated Fat 65 g324.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 520 mg173.3%
Sodium 1238.8 mg51.6%
Total Carbohydrates 192 g63.9%
Dietary Fiber 11.5 g46.2%
Sugars 119.1 g
Protein 25 g50.2%
Vitamin A 37.8% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 38.1% Iron 40.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet