Romertopf Cheese Souffle
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
1) Preheat the oven to 400F. Grease the soaked romertorpf with a little butter.
2) In a saucepan, melt butter. Add in the flour. Stir well for about three minutes. Do not let the flour brown.
3) Slowly, pour in the milk. Allow the mixture to come to a boil.
4) Keep stirring to make sure no lumps remain. Cook till the sauce thickens slightly.
5) When the sauce reaches the desired consistency, add in the egg yolks and grated cheese.
6) Sprinkle the top with grated nutmeg, salt and pepper.
7)In a bowl, beat the egg whites to form stiff peaks. Gently fold in the egg whites into the sauce.
8) Add in the egg mixture into the greased romertorpf. Cover and cook for about 55 minutes.
9) Serve the Cheese Souffle hot, garnished with chopped parsley.
10) Serve fresh salad on the side.