Chicken Liver Pâté
|Butter||4 Ounce (100 gram)|
|Chicken livers||1⁄2 Pound (225 gram)|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Chopped fresh mixed herbs||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Brandy||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
1. In a saucepan, melt the butter and fry the chicken liver for about 4 minutes, turning frequently; remove from the pan.
2. Add the onion and garlic to the saucepan and fry gently until soft and tender.
3. Add the remaining butter, the herbs and salt and pepper to taste, and cook for another 1 minute.
4. In a blender or food processor, put the chicken livers, garlic-onion-herb mixture and the brandy and work to a smooth puree.
5. Spoon the mixture into 6 individual glazed ceramic or glass-serving bowl.
6. To freeze: cool quickly, then pack into a rigid container and chill in the refrigerator until firm.
7. Once firm, turn out the P-té very carefully and wrap in foil and then cover with a freezer bag; seal the bag and freeze for later use.
8. Label the bag as it makes it easier to distinguish.
9. Thaw at room temperature for 4 hours.
10. Arrange the P-té into a serving dish and serve cut into thick slices.
P-té can be served either hot or cold, but it is considered to develop its fullest flavor after a few days of chilling.