Mixed Fish Pâté
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||6 Ounce (175 gram)|
|Butter||4 Ounce, melted (100 gram)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Canned salmon||1 Ounce, skinned, boned and flaked (1 can, 200 gram)|
|Canned tuna fish||1 Ounce, flaked (1 can, 200 gram)|
|Prawns||4 Ounce (100 gram)|
|Anchovy essence||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoons)|
|Worcestershire sauce||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Single cream||1⁄2 Pint (300 milliliter)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon slice||1 (for garnish)|
|Lemon||1 , rind finely grated (for garnish)|
1. In a mixing bowl, combine together all the ingredients except the slice of lemon, and beat well to mix.
2. Put heavy weights on top of the P-té, and then chill in the refrigerator until firm.
3. Once firm, turn out the P-té very carefully and wrap in foil and then cover with a freezer bag; seal the bag and freeze for later use.
4. Label the bag as it makes it easier to distinguish.
5. Thaw at room temperature for 4 hours.
6. Arrange the P-té into a serving dish and serve cut into thick slices.
7. Garnish with a twist of lemon slice and sprinkle the grated lemon.
P-té can be served either hot or cold, but it is considered to develop its fullest flavor after a few days of chilling.