Romertopf French Onion Soup
|Onions||1 Pound, finely chopped|
|Stock||1 1⁄2 Pint|
|White wine||1⁄2 Pint|
|White bread slice||4 , toasted|
|Grated cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400F.
2) In a pan, add in the onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
3) Add in the stock into the pre-soaked romertorpf. Add in the sauted onions as well.
4) Cover the vessel and cook for a minimum of 1 1/4 hours.
5) Take the lid off the vessel, add in the bread slices and sprinkle grated cheese on top.
6) Cook the soup for a few more minutes, without the lid on. It should turn golden brown on top.
7) For added flavor, you may add a few drops of vinegar and a crushed garlic clove.
8) Serve the French Onion Soup, garnished with chopped parsley.
One especially fine alternative is to use 1 1/2 pints stock and 1/2 pint white wine.