1. Preheat the oven at 375°
2. Prepare a butter greased ramekins and sprinkle sugar to coat the ramekins.
3. In a double boiler, whisk the flour and the milk, add it little at as time, and then add in the salt. Whisk for about 5 minutes or until mixture becomes thick.
4. After 5 minutes, rapidly whisk in the egg yolks, whisk for 3-4 minutes or until you have a smooth and think consistency.
5. Once thickened add in the chocolate, remove from heat and allow to melt. Let the chocolate cool slightly before adding the egg whites.
6. In another bowl, combine egg whites and cream of tartar. Using an electric mixer, whip the eggs until soft peaks form, then add in the sugar, whip until firm peaks form.
7. Fold the eggs white into the chocolate mixture; try to fold in parts.
8. Fill ramekins with the souffle mixture, put the ramekins in a baking dish which is half filled with water, place baking dish with the ramekins.
9. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown and puffy.
10. Serve the delicious vanilla and chocolate souffle after a nice hearty meal.
If you don't have a double boiler, use a pot with 1 inch of simmering water, place a glass bowl over the top and make sure the water is not touching the bottom of the bowl.
You can fill the souffle mixture right up to the rim if you want to have it puff up above the top. This works best with 6 ounce ramekins.
You can refrigerate the mixture for up to 2 days. Place plastic wrap over the top to prevent a skin from forming.