Pollo alla Marengo
|Boneless chicken breast||4|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (8 Tbsp.)|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Canned tomato sauce||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water/Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs) (4 Servings)|
|Egg||4 , fried|
|Shrimps||12 , shelled and deveined|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for garnish)|
1) In large non-stick pan, heat oil and saute onions and chicken for 5 minutes until light browned.
2) Stir in vinegar, garlic, parsley, tomato sauce and season to taste.
3) Pour in the water and put the lid on.
4) Simmer for about 1 hour until the chicken is tender.
5) While cooking check once, if too dry add little water.
6) Using a perforated ladle remove the chicken.
7) Stir in the shrimps and allow the sauce to reduce for 5 minutes or until shrimps are tender.
7) Serve hot over the bed of rice topped with fried egg and sprinkled with parsley.
You can also add olive, and serve toast with this dish as per the traditional recipe.