Classic French Fruit Pie
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce (1 package)|
|Soft butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pastry flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Egg yolk||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soft butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Preserved apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar syrup||4 Tablespoon (Thick)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a blender, place butter and cheese, and process until creamy.
3) Fold the flour, in the cheese mixture.
4) Using hands, knead the mixture for 2 minutes.
5) Cover the bowl and place it in refrigerator until chilled.
6) Line the 9 inch pie pan and bake in oven until evenly golden brown.
7) In a saucepan, beat together sugar and egg yolk.
8) Stir milk in the yolk mixture.
9) Heat the yolk mixture, until thick but do not boil.
10) Mix the extract in the yolk mixture.
11) Pour the yolk mixture in the pie shell and coat thinly.
12) Spread the preserved apricots over the yolk mixture.
13) Glaze the top with sugar syrup.
14) Cut in wedges and serve sprinkled with icing sugar if desired.
Calories 471 Calories from Fat 226
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.5%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 158 mg52.7%
Sodium 62.6 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.64 g2.6%
Sugars 45.7 g
Protein 3 g7%
Vitamin A 23% Vitamin C 28.2%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet